Educational Assessments & Evaluations
We provide the following evaluations for students aged 5 through adult:
- Gifted Testing: Gifted evaluations are available for children suspected of having high levels of intelligence. An IQ test is conducted and summarized in a report prepared specifically for schools and parents to determine if a child should receive gifted services.
- Testing for Learning Problems: For children struggling with reading, writing, math, or other academic problems, we provide a full psychoeducational evaluation exploring the child’s IQ, level of academic skill, and cognitive processing to explore an individual’s executive functioning. This evaluation helps to determine if a learning disability/disorder is present.
- Testing for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)/Asperger’s Disorder: An evaluation is available for parents hoping to confirm or rule out autism in their child. Parents seeking this evaluation often due so after noticing symptoms commonly associated with autism such as lack of eye contact, poor social skills, difficulty keeping friendships, unusual emotional responses, etc.
- Testing for Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): For parents concerned about their child’s inability to maintain attention/focus or about high levels of activity or impulse behaviours, we offer a comprehensive evaluation to help determine if a child has ADHD and provide guidance towards managing the symptoms.
- Testing for College/ Board Exam Accommodations: For adult aged students entering college or graduate school in need of accommodations on exams or within the classroom, we provide an evaluation to help determine if a learning disability/disorder or ADHD are present. Often students we evaluate are able to obtain accommodations such as extra time on tests, shorts breaks during exams, or permission to type all assignments to help them be successful in their place of higher learning.